About the little owl in the kitchen

By Mélanie, on Tuesday, January 1, 2008


Hi! My name is Mélanie, I'm a 27 years old French girl living in Paris.

Actually, "French girl" is not 100% true, think more of a mix of different nationalities. First you'd have to combine French and German (from my mom). Then my dad sprinkled some Italian. Finally, I was flavored by an American cohabitation (friends in Wisconsin and 8 months spent in Dallas). You'll probably be able to see all these influences in my way of cooking...

It all started with baking. I remember being 4 years old, baking an apple cake with my grand-mother every Wednesday. Then I remember all the fabulous cakes my Omie (German grand-mother) used to do. Between them and all the (only) homemade dishes from my mom (no wonder I'm so picky!), I've learned to cook as the rest of my family : to show how much I care.

Now, I work in finance, but I still want to prepare food for my friends and family, so it happens in the evening. Or in the night. I'm known for cooking until 2 in the morning before having friends for dinner! Hence the title of my blog... A little space to share with you the recipes we like, if I cannot prepare them for you.

So welcome, and thank you for stopping here. I hope you'll enjoy it, and that you'll try some of the dishes. I'd love to hear from you!

If you have any question, feel free to contact me at nanni_33 at yahoo dot fr.

4 commentaires:

claire said...

Enfin la présentation !!!
Pas besoin de te dire qu'à chaque fois que tu fais quelque chose je suis certaine que ce sera bon !!

Unknown said...

trei magnifique
thanks for the towel so much
molto bene
mille gracias
muchisimas gracias
be well --peace be with you
love bill

Anonymous said...

Great blog! I sent it to Jessie so she could also enjoy it:) Great to see you recently, take care!
Al

Anonymous said...

good to know that someone in finance has a socially beneficial role in our distressed world

Post a Comment